A keylogger records keystrokes made on a computer keyboard. Most keyloggers are software programs, and most operate secretly, undetected by computer users.
KISSKey Keylogger secretly records keystrokes. It stores the keystroke log in a hidden file on the computer, but it can also email the log to a remote location. KISSKey Keylogger can monitor all users on a PC.
KISS stands for Keep It Simple, Stupid (and not KISS, the rock band). Key stands for Keylogger.
Keystroke logs must be sent manually, on command, with the free version, and the free version periodically displays a pop-up showing the number of keystrokes logged.
Yes. KISSKey Keylogger does not collect personally identifiable information from your computer.
Note: if you are running Windows XP and want to monitor all users on your computer, make sure you run the installation file, as explained next, using an administrator account.
To download and install KISSKey Keylogger, follow these steps:
Note: if you are running antivirus software on your computer, see the FAQ How do I install and run KISSKey Keylogger if my antivirus program blocks it?, before you download KISSKey Keylogger.
1. Click the download button on the KISSKey Keylogger download web page. Windows or your browser then displays a File Download dialog asking whether you want to open, run, or save the file.
2. Select Run. Your browser may display a warning that kisskeylogger.pkg is uncommon and may be harmful to your computer. (Is KISSKey Keylogger safe to use?)
3. Select Run. Windows may display a warning indicating it has detected the file as an unrecognized or risky app and prevented it from running.
4. Click More info. Windows displays additional details about the file.
To install KISSKey Keylogger, follow these steps:
5. Click Run anyway. The KISSKey Keylogger Setup dialog opens.
6. In the KISSKey Keylogger Setup dialog, select the user(s) you want to monitor, either the Current user or All users. After making your selection, click Next. Note that if you are running Windows XP, you can select All users only if you are installing the program with an administrator account. The KISSKey Keylogger Setup: License Agreement dialog opens.
7. In the KISSKey Keylogger Setup: License Agreement dialog, click I Agree.
8. If you selected All users on later versions of Windows, a User Account Control dialog opens asking Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer? and an administrator password field is also displayed. Enter your administrator account password. Then click Yes.
9. Click Close.
10. Immediately after installation, KISSKey Keylogger starts and shows a Select Language dialog. Select the interface language you want to use. Then click OK. Installation is now complete. KISSKey Keylogger opens.
If you run an antivirus or antimalware program on your computer, the antivirus software may stop KISSKey Keylogger from downloading, installing, or running. That happens because all antivirus programs classify keyloggers as potentially unwanted programs.
KISSKey Keylogger is safe to use (see the FAQ Is KISSKey Keylogger safe to use?), and you can run KISSKey Keylogger successfully along side any popular antivirus program by adjusting your antivirus settings.
To download, install, or run KISSKey Keylogger when your antivirus software is blocking any of those actions, take these steps:
Downloading In most cases, if your antivirus blocks downloading of KISSKey Keylogger, you must temporarily disable internet protection and then download the installation file. In some cases, your antivirus software may allow you to create an exception for the download URL. If you disabled internet protection during downloading, be sure to restore it after the download.
Installing If your antivirus stops or blocks KISSKey Keylogger’s installation file from running, you usually need to disable your antivirus before running the file. In some cases, your antivirus software will allow you to create an exception that allows the file to run. If you disabled protection during installation, be sure to enable it after installation.
Running In most cases, if you are running an antivirus program, you must go to your antivirus settings and create an exception to allow KISSKey Keylogger to run on your computer. If you are running Windows 7 or a later version, you should select or enter C:\ProgramData\BestKey as the program folder the exception is for. If you are running Windows XP, you should select or enter C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BestKey. Sometimes your antivirus will detect KISSKey Keylogger and simply ask you if you want to allow the program to run. In either case, you should set your antivirus to allow programs in the folder to run and to remember (always apply) the setting.
When you uninstall KISSKey Keylogger, you also delete the log files for all users. To uninstall KISSKey Keylogger, follow these steps:
1. Click the Uninstall link at the bottom of KISSKey Keylogger. The KISSKey Keylogger Uninstall dialog opens and asks Are you sure you want to completely uninstall KISSKey?
2. Click Yes. Uninstallation completes and the KISSKey Keylogger Uninstall: Completed dialog opens.
3. Click Close. You may be asked to restart your computer to fully complete uninstallation.
If your antivirus software blocks the uninstallation process, see the FAQ How do I install and run KISSKey Keylogger if my antivirus program blocks it? and follow the instructions in the “Running” section.
KISSKey Keylogger offers a free license that never expires and a one-year paid license. By default, KISSKey Keylogger it is configured to use the free license after installation. It is activated automatically each time you start monitoring. For information about license features, see the FAQ How is the free version of KISSKey Keylogger different from the paid version?
If you have installed KISSKey Keylogger and want to buy a license, simply click Buy a license at the bottom of KISSKey Keylogger. You can also buy a KISSKey Keylogger license on the KISSKey Keylogger purchase page.
After you purchase a license, a web page opens that contains your license key. The license key is also emailed to you. To register your license key, click the Register link at the bottom of KISSKey Keylogger. The Register your license dialog opens. Enter your license key in the field following License:. Then click Register. If registration is successful, the License field displays PAID.
KISSKey Keylogger starts and runs automatically after installation and whenever your computer is restarted. KISSKey Keylogger’s free version always opens on your desktop whenever your computer starts, and you must always turn on monitoring manually when using it. KISSKey Keylogger’s paid version is always hidden when your computer starts.
You do not normally close the KISSKey Keylogger program (stop it from running). You can, however close the program’s window. To close and open the KISSKey Keylogger window, you use a key combination. The default key combination is Ctrl + Alt + Shift + K.
You can change the key combination for opening and closing KISSKey Keylogger and add password protection for opening it. To change the key combination, go to the field following Hot key: Ctrl + Alt + Shift + and enter any letter you wish. You can also add a password in the field following Password:. Click Apply to save all your changes.
To start monitoring, click the eye icon that is not crossed out. To stop monitoring, click the eye icon that is crossed out.
To view keystroke logs, first select a user whose logs you want to view in the drop-down list at the top of KISSKey Keylogger. Then click the eyeglasses icon.
When you delete KISSKey Keylogger’s keystroke logs, you delete logs for all users. To delete the logs, click the folder icon. A KISSKey Keylogger dialog opens. Click Yes to delete all logs.
If you have registered a KISSKey Keylogger paid license, you can hide KISSKey Keylogger from computer users. When hidden, the program starts automatically and begins monitoring, without displaying dialogs or pop-ups, when the computer boots. To hide KISSKey Keylogger, check the box next to Hide from computer users. The box is checked by default if you are using a paid license key.
You can configure KISSKey Keylogger to send its logs to an email address. Logs are emailed as a zipped file attachment and sent over a secure connection. To open the attached file, you must use the same password you selected for opening and closing the KISSKey Keylogger window. (See the FAQ How do I start, open, and close KISSKey Keylogger?)
With a KISSKey Keylogger paid license, you can choose how frequently to send logs. Using KISSKey Keylogger’s free version you can only send logs manually, by clicking the Send/Test button.
To configure KISSKey Keylogger to email logs, follow these steps:
1. Be sure to set a password for opening the KISSKey Keylogger window. You use the same password for opening the zipped log files emailed to you. If you do not set a password, the logs are sent, but they are not password protected. See the FAQ How do I start, open, and close KISSKey Keylogger?
2. In the mail settings section, make a selection in the Send logs every drop-down but do not select never. If you are using a paid license, you can select any interval for sending logs. If you are using a free license, select manually.
3. In the field below Send logs every, select your email provider from the drop-down list. The email server address for the provider is automatically shown in the Server field. Enter your email address in the User name field and your email account password in the Password field. Then click Send/Test to test your settings.
If your provider is not shown in the list, select other and enter your provider's email server address in the Server field. If you use an email client, like Microsoft Outlook, you can find the address by going to your account settings and looking for “outgoing mail server.” Find an address like smtp.gmail.com or mail.mindspring.com. If you cannot find your provider's email server address, look the Mail Server Addresses list below. Contact AllSoftware support at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need additional assistance.
If you only use an internet webmail service, like Yahoo or Gmail, through a web browser, look for your provider's email server address in the Mail Server Addresses list below. Contact AllSoftware support at email@example.com if you need additional assistance.
If you configure KISSKey Keylogger to send logs to a Gmail account and Google blocks access to the account, see the FAQ What do I do if KISSKey Keylogger cannot email logs to my Gmail address? below.
To change KISSKey Keylogger’s interface language, select a language from the drop-down list following Language.
If you are using the free version of KISSKey Keylogger, the program may not start logging when you click the eye icon that is not crossed out. That usually happens when your computer does not have an active connection to the internet, which is necessary for using the free license.
You may correctly configure KISSKey Keylogger to email logs to a Gmail address and test your email settings by clicking the Send/Test button but then see that the test failed. In addition, Google may also send you an email saying that a sign-in attempt to your Google account was blocked. You can correct this error in two different ways, depending on whether or not you use 2-step verification to access your Google email. (To learn more about 2-step verification, visit https://www.google.com/intl/en/landing/2step/.)
If you do not use 2-step verification to access your Google email, follow these instructions:
Change your Gmail settings to allow KISSKey Keylogger to access your account. Go to https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps and log into your Google account. A Less Secure Apps page opens. Select Enable in the Access for less secure apps box. Then log out of your Google account. Test your KISSKey Keylogger email settings again by clicking the Send/Test button.
If you do use 2-step verification to access your Google email, follow these instructions:
Visit Google's page Sign in using App Passwords instructions page at https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833 and follow the steps there for generating and using an app password. To generate an app password, you must enter a name for KISSKey Keylogger, such as BestKey, in the Select app drop-down list. Then, when your app password is generated, copy and paste it into the Password field in the Mail settings section of KISSKey Keylogger's Settings dialog. Test your KISSKey Keylogger email settings again by clicking the Send/Test button.
ou may email AllSoftware Support at firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions, comments, and suggestions.